Tinder is one of the most popular casual hookup apps that have revolutionized the conventional approach to online dating with its innovative mobile platform. Nicknamed as the swiping app, it is considered to be the best dating app of the 21st century. Since its launch in 2012 on the iOS platform, it has been in the spotlight for its casual dating standards and humongous fan base of more than 25 million members. It also has one million tinder Plus subscribers and has generated more than 1 billion matches till date. The tinder dating app is available in 24 languages.
- 1 month for $9.99
- 6 months for $34.98 ($5.83 per month)
- 12 months for $54.96 ($4.58 per month)
- 1 Boost for $3.99
- 5 Boosts for $15.00 ($3.00 each)
- 10 Boosts for $25.00 ($2.50 each)
- 5 Super Likes for $4.99
- 25 Super Likes for $19.99
The Benefits of Having a Subscription
|Features||Tinder Plus||Standard Members|
|Be the top profile in your area for 30 minutes|
|1 free Boost every month|
|Unlimited right swipes|
|Control who you see|
|Control you see who|
|Passport to any location|
|Get extra super likes|
|Rewind your last swipe|
Tinder app is simply the best place to go for casual sex, even though it boasts itself to be a dating app for serious relationships. Most of the people use the app for finding quick hookups near to their place. Therefore, Tinder follows an easy going method of letting you explore the app by signing in through your Facebook account. It just takes a few taps to sign in and connect your tinder app with your Facebook account.
You can enter your name, gender, age, location details and choose a profile picture for your tinder profile. You are allowed to upload a main picture along with 5 secondary pictures to enhance your profile look. You can also upload pictures from a mobile phone. Tinder app will automatically access your place and complete your location details.
The profile page consists of a short bio section, occupation, school and gender details. You can fill in details or choose the same details you have given in your Facebook account to sync with the Tinder profile. There are a few settings available on the tinder app such as tinder social which will help you find new profiles and add your profile to groups and also get notifications for new matches. You can also connect your tinder profile with Instagram and display your post on the app too.
How it Works
Finding a date or a casual hookup is very simple, through the tinder app, as it uses one of the simplest technological phenomenon, ‘the swipe’. You can show that you are interested in a particular person by swiping right to like or left to view the next person’s profile. If you are lucky that the person you liked also likes you in return, then a match is made on the tinder app. Once matches are available, you can start communicating with the person and slowly build a rapport with them. People who find it difficult to get a match may not be able to communicate with other persons randomly, since the messaging tool appears only when you find a match on the tinder app.
Once you move on to the communication stage, tinder app provides you plenty of conversation features such as GIPHY and GIF in messages and emoticons to send flirty messages to your object of interest. You can also like a message by clicking on the green heart that appears on the message you receive. New matches are notified and if there is a random match you will get a banner notification. All your messages will be stored in the chat area and new messages will be appearing with the numerical badge icon, which you can easily tap into to start communicating with another new interest.
The whole process is pretty simple and it takes very few minutes to get a match through the tinder app. The matching is purely based on your own interest and likely to be on the physical appearance as there are not many personality matching systems on this app.
- Location-based Matches: One of the most popular aspects of tinder app is that it allows you to communicate with people in your locality or neighborhood very easily, increasing the chances of a casual hookup. Geo-locate feature on the app gathers location specific data about Tinder users to meet your location preferences.
- Super like: It’s just the extended version of the ‘like’ feature that helps you to let the other person know that you are extremely interested in that member.
- Unlike Option: If you suddenly lose interest in a person or accidentally like a profile, you have the chance to unlike them by swiping right on a profile of the matched user. You can do this at any time and may not be immediate.
- Free and Premium Versions: Free users can view up to 200 profiles within a 12 hour period. And Tinder shows only one profile at a time. This limitation was enhanced to prevent users from swiping right on every profile in the hope of making many matches through the app. Tinder plus is a paid subscription available on the app that allows you to make unlimited links and also browse profiles in locations other than your own.
- Push Notifications: When there is a spike in the inflow of members on the app, it automatically sends notification to its members to request them to engage themselves on their platform as there are increased chances of meeting prospective matches at that particular time.
- Tinder Boost: This unique feature on the app helps you to display your profile at the top of profiles in your area, which will give you a lot more profile views than normal. Free users must pay for every boost, while subscribed users will get one free boost per month.
- Tinder Smart Profile: This interesting feature will help you to know whether you have any common friends and interests with your potential matches.
Over hundred million downloads
Easy to connect through your Facebook account
Meet people in your location
Auto renewal of subscription
Not suitable for serious relationships
No cancellation of current subscription
Tinder has so far received greater attention because of its excellent and fun-to-use features. The app works based on the swipe phenomenon which eradicates in-depth analysis and navigation tools on the app. The app is totally free, which gathers millions of users from all around the world. One of the best aspects of Tinder is that you meet matches in your locality, which favors hookups and casual meetings within a few hours of meeting on the app. People who are looking to have fun and a light-hearted approach to dating must at least try this app once to fulfill their wildest desires within a matter of minutes/hours.